IMPORTANT: Even though this is protocol-compatible with 2.5.8, it fixes some of 2.5.8's crash exploits, so if you do not update, you will be at risk!
SERVER OWNERS: note that a mutelist configuration file has been added.
Linux has Ubuntu 13.04 32-bit and 64-bit precompiled binaries, but you can compile your own as it also contains the source.If you are using Mac or other operating systems, please wait while we continue to try to package for those OSes.
Or better yet, try to compile it. If it fails, download a virtual machine.
The server pack is ready for both Windows and Linux, but you might need to compile your own for Linux (source included)
- Revert to the Cube licence (applies to ALL previous versions too)
- Damage tweaks, balance, etc.
- Fix forbidden speech false positives
- Finish Server IP mute list (-s, default "config/servermutelist.cfg")
- Rectify M16 exploit in sniping/insta (originally discovered by "jambo", "tiririca", and his other aliases)
- Another fix for the zombies' explosions.
- Completely remove friendly fire -- no more trolling from blockers/mistakes, except in hardcore, which redirects part of the friendly fire damage to the dealer
- Lower falling damage for classic, restore drowning, but at a very slow rate
- More tweaks for speedhack detection
- Fake Red Dot support
- Sniper zoom script
- Stop deathcam on mouse move
- Fade spectators on minimap
- Prevent 1 anti-client and 2 anti-server crash exploits